There are many complications that can knock at your door once you have delivered a child. Talking about one of them, Preeclampsia is new high blood pressure along with protein in urine during pregnancy.Sometimes preeclampsia takes place in a woman who recently delivered a baby. It is called postpartum preeclampsia. Postpartum preeclampsia is a very rare medical condition.
Postpartum preeclampsia is high blood pressure in a lady who has recently had a child. It can take place as early as a couple of days afterwards, or up to various weeks after having a baby.Also, it simply means you have so much of protein in your urine.As mentioned before also, it is a rare medical issue.It is different from preeclampsia. Preeclampsia is high blood pressure that takes place while a lady is pregnant.If you are suffering from postpartum preeclampsia, you can find out blood pressure medicine after pregnancy but it is always recommended that you consult your doctor before you use any medicine.
Are there any Symptoms of postpartum preeclampsia?
Of course there are many. For example, the chiefsymptom is high blood pressure (140/90 millimetres of mercury: mm Hg).However, the normal blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. There are many other common symptoms too which are like:
- An extreme headache
- eye issues (blurry or loss of vision, sensitivity to the light)
- A swollen limbs (arms and legs) and face.
- Severe stomach pain near ribs
- nausea and vomiting
- Diminished urination
- Immediate weight gain : numerous pounds or more in just a week
Even more serious complications can be like:-
- Damage of organ, kidneys, liver and brain
- fluid in the lungs
- blood clots
- Red blood cell injury.
What is the cause of postpartum preeclampsia?
The exact cause is not known. However, the danger of getting it is higher in case you had high blood pressure after 20th week of your pregnancy. Other dangerous factors can be like obesity, age (younger than twenty and older than forty), a family history of high blood pressure and being pregnant with numerous babies like twins, triplets and more.
A peep into HIV & Pregnancy
Have a look at some important things about the same:
- All the pregnant women having HIV must take HIV medicines to avert mother-to-child transmission of HIV and to guard their own health.
- Most of the HIV medicines are secure to use during pregnancy. In general, HIV medicines don’t surgerisk of birth defects.
- In general, pregnant lady with HIV can make use of the same HIV regimens recommended for a non-pregnant adult. It is unless there is risk of any familiar side effects to a pregnant woman or her child overshadows the benefit of a regimen.
- A Pregnant lady with HIV must start taking HIV medicines as soon as possible. In general, a female already taking HIV medicines when she became pregnant should continue to take HIV medicines throughout her pregnancies. Of course, there is good medicine for HIV during pregnancy available for precautions.
Thus, no matter what types of ailments, problems or issues are confronting you; you can find remedies in medicines if you consult your doctor. Don’t just let such things go unchecked.